Florida regularly ranks among the best places for relocation, job opportunities and retiring, and 2024 is no exception. Money.com has placed three Florida metros in the top 50 best places to live in the US. Tampa ranks the highest in ninth place, with Sarasota and Altamonte Springs also in the table for this year.
Best places to live in the US
The financial portal publishes an annual rating of US metros to find the optimum places to live. The ranking looks at the economy, quality of life, diversity and future prospects in metros across the country to ascertain the best.
The latest ranking places Atlanta in the top position, based on the city’s buoyant job market and “eye on equality”. Tempe in Arizona and Kirkland in Washington join Atlanta in the best trio.
While the Sunshine State didn’t make the top five this year, three Florida metro feature in the top 50.
Tampa is the ninth best place to live in the US
Tampa achieved the highest ranking in Florida and stands in ninth position. Money.com highlights several aspects of this metro, including:
- Affordable real estate – median prices for Tampa property are around US$381,000, among the lowest in the top 50 metros.
- Action-packed lifestyle – Money.com describes Tampa as having “nightlife galore”.
- Job opportunities – unemployment sits at just 2.7%, according to the table.
Takeaway for Tampa as the best place to live in the US
Money.com says that Tampa offers “a rare combination of action-packed and affordable.”
Sarasota is the 43rd best place to live in the US
Southwest Florida features yet again, with Sarasota in 43rd position. This Florida metro has the following advantages:
- Great beaches – the article cites Siesta Key and Longboat Key as the top “sandy stretches”.
- Art museums – Money.com highlights the Ringling Museum, dating back to the 1920s and in the style of the Uffizi in Florence.
- Affordable property – Median prices for real estate in the Sarasota area are around US$368,733.
- Employment opportunities – like much of Florida, Sarasota has low unemployment rates (2.6% in the Money.com ranking).
Takeaway for Sarasota as the best place to live in the US
Money.com says Sarasota is a “paradise for beach, culture and wildlife lovers.”